Cast iron skillets are the best cooking ware that are made with a durable alloy of carbon and steel. One of the salient features of cast iron is that they cook any food without making any dents and scratches on its surface. Cast iron has the tendency to cook food at an even temperature which gives steaks a sear look. It has been seen that skillets made up of different materials need to be replaced after a certain period, but cast-iron skillets are long-lasting and leave no scratches on the surface and even get better with time. Here is a list of a few best-cast iron skillets for outdoor grilling to make your buying decision easier.
Lodge Blacklock Triple Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
Lodge Blacklock Triple Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet is a triple coated skillet made with antique cast iron. This skillet is available in three different sizes i.e., 7 inches, 10.25 inches and 14.5 inches. The larger sized skillet is considered perfect for cooking non-greasy food. This skillet is famous for its thinner design which helps the skillet to heat up twice as fast as any other skillet. The lightweight of this cookware makes moving the skillet easier and the attached more oversized handle is explicitly designed to keep the handle’s surface cool and easy to grip. This non-stick cast-iron skillet for outdoor grill has a non-stick surface where the food can be poured out of the skillet easily with the help of a spatula.
Salient Attributes of Lodge Blacklock Triple Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
- Size: 7 inches, 10.25 inches and 14.5 inches
- Diameter: 7 inches
- Weight: 1 pound 13 oz to 7 pounds 3 oz
- Lid not available
- Long looped handles attached to the skillet
- Doesn’t lose its seasoning capability after multiple washes and uses.
- Non-stick surface
- Cool looped handles
- Issues with its non-stick feature
- Leaves marks and scars from pour spouts
Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet for Outdoor Grill
This outdoor grilling cast iron skillet is made of size 10.25 inches, equivalent to 5 pounds in weight. This easy-to-handle weight and size are consumer-friendly skillets due to their affordable pricing. These skillets are manufactured of thicker quality cast iron, so they get ample time to heat up. It gives a perfect grilling mark to the steaks and other food, but the skillet gets too hot after a few minutes, and there are possibilities that it may burn the meat. Another significant attribute of this Lodge Blacklock Triple Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet is its Silicon made handle cover that makes the skillet easy to handle. This Lodge triple seasoned cast iron skillet is seasoned with grease for a quick and easy remove finish.
Salient Features of Lodge Blacklock Triple Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
Size: multiple sizes ranging from 3.5 inches to 15 inches
Material: Cast Iron
Diameter: 10.25 inches
Color Available: red Silicon
Handle: Silicon made handle covers
Lid: No lid available
Material: Cast Iron (Heavyweight)
- Available in a consumer-friendly price
- Handle cover attached for easy grip
- Quick to clean
- Quick retention and can be used on any heat source
- This product is available in multiple sizes to adjust with everyone’s needs
- Retain heat instantly
- Have some sticking issues
- Once heated, can burn the food contained inside
- Takes long time to heat up initially.
Finex 10- Inch Cast-iron Skillet for Outdoor Grill
Finex 10- Inch Cast-iron Skillet is available in cast iron material and is liked by people because of its octagonal shape and spring covered handle. The skillet is quite heavy and the handles associated with this skillet are long enough to carry the pan. It’s a hand-crafted product which is not attributed with the non-stick coating. This skillet is considered ideal for frying, roasting, and cooking meat and vegetables that can also be used on grills. This skillet can be heated over any heating source because the handles of this pan are quick and cool in nature.
Significant Features of Finex 10- Inch Cast-iron Skillet
Material: stainless steel and cast Iron
Diameter: 10 inches
Product Dimensions: 2 x2 x 2 inches
Non- stick in nature
Glossy Finish makes cleaning easier
Pros of Finex 10- Inch Cast-iron Skillet
- Pre-seasoned for stick-resistant Finish
- 100% organic oil used for finishing
- Hand-crafted with a high-quality finish
- Lid covers attract more consumers
- Takes little more time to preheat
- Handles get heated soon due to stainless steel material
Stargazer 10.5 inches Cast Iron Skillet for Outdoor Grilling
This smooth surface USA-made cast iron skillet is famous for its highly non-stick feature, which helps get tender meat with mouth-watering grill marks. Compared to other skillets, this cast-iron outdoor grill is lightweight and easy to hold. The heat retention of this skillet is of excellent quality, which leads to even browning of the food cooked in it. The Stargazer 10.5 inches Cast Iron Skillet is supported with a long handle which gives an easy grip to the skillet.
Salient Features of Stargazer 10.5 inches Cast Iron Skillet
- Size: 10.5 and 12 inches
- Cookware Surface Diameter: 8.1 inches
- Length: 19.4 inches
- Capacity: 2.3 Quarts/ 9.2 cups
- Weight: 5.2 pounds
- A long handle to hold the skillet on the stove
- No lid is available with this product.
Pros of Stargazer Cast Iron Skillet
- Smart outer look
- Light in weight
- Non-stick surface and easily washable
- Have a drip-free rim that can pour spouts without dripping
- Smooth-surfaced allows stick-less cooking
- This skillet is a bit expensive as compared to other outdoor grill skillets.
Smithey Ironware Cast Iron Skillet for Outdoor Grill
This 10 inches cast-iron skillet for the outdoor grill is one of the most popular products of the Smithey Ironware brand. The make of this skillet is thick iron with a smooth polished interior. The glossy Finish of this skillet makes cooking and cleaning easier for the consumer. The skillet is attributed with handles at both sides that have holes to keep the temperature of the handle cool. The holes are also used to hang the skillet against the wall and the two spouts on the surface of the cast iron skillet makes pouring out the food more accessible. The Lodge Blacklock Triple Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet is available in three different sizes. Consumers have reported minor issues with the non-stick quality of the skillet.
Salient Features of Lodge Blacklock Triple Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
Material: Cast iron
Product Diameter: 10 inches
Dimension of Skillet: 10 x 10 x 2 inches
Weight: 6.14 pounds
Attributed with hanging holes
Available with two pour spouts
Unique handles on both sides with a cooling attribute
Greasy smooth Finish and a Non-stick surface
Available in 3 different sizes, i.e., 8 inches, 10.25 inches, 12 inches
Lid: not available
- Beautiful greasy look
- High sides for least splatter
- Available with spouts for pouring purpose
- Non-stick, a glossy interior which is easy to clean
- Expensive cost
- Non-stick quality is not up to standard
- Leaves food sticked to the skillet
- Heavyweight ironware which is not easy to handle.