There are few utensils, dishes, and pans that make cooking more fun; grill pans are also made specifically to get the best-grilled food with all its taste and juices. There is no doubt that a steak looks more scrumptious if it carries grilled marks on the surface and the best grill pans can add these solid grill marks to your food.
The best grill pan can be raised edges and grill lines that allow easy movement of the spatula under food. The grill pans need to be non-stick in nature which is why they are made with cast iron. Here is an informative buying guide for the readers that will depict what to look for while making a grill pan purchase decision.
Best Grill Pan America’s Test Kitchen 2023
This is one of the most demanded grill pans made up of cast iron with a 12 inches lid. Cast iron is famous for its succulent sear, which can cook food without any heat loss. These grill pans can be used for frying, baking, and cooking meats and chicken. This item is attributed to a covering lid that can withstand any kind of high flame.
Material: Stainless Steel
Model Name: Cast Iron
Product Diameter: 12 inches
Manufacturing Country: France
Dimensions: 14.96 x10.24x 1.85 inches
Color: Matte Black
Other Salient Features of Staub Cast Iron 12-inches Square Grill Pan-
- Attributed to the neutral heat redistribution and retention properties that are the specialty of cast iron
- Black enameled Interior gives a culinary advantage to the cooked food
- Gives a better browning and toasting effect
- Safe and secured to be used with any kind of heat source like gas, heat, and electricity
- Dishwasher safe
- Chip resistant
Pros of Staub Cast Iron 12-inches Square Grill Pan-
- Supported with a deep ridge best for giving a grilled texture to the cooked food
- Allows cooking high above the grease layer
- Attributed with a hefty press to cover food while cooking
- Suitable to cook panini and butterfly chicken
- Heavy in weight
- A larger cooking area requires more time to cook
- Seems a bit costly
- Takes plenty of time to heat up initially.
This is another square grill pan made perfectly for all kinds of dishes that require grilling. The high ridges of this grill pan allow the excessive fats and grease to drain from the food and enable drip-free pours. This product is available in different colors to match the pan color and your kitchen theme color. This enameled grill pan gives a non-stick, rust-free texture to your cooked food and adds more flavor and juices to your stakes. Some of the specs and salient features of Le Creuset Enamelled Cast Iron Signature Square Skillet Grill are mentioned below;
Specs of Le Creuset Enamelled Cast Iron Pan
- Material: Enameled Cast Iron
- Dimensions: 13.9 x 15.1 x 2.6 inches
- Size: 10.25 inches
- Product Weight: 7 pounds
Significant Features of Le Creuset Enamelled Cast Iron Grill Pan
- It can be used on any heat source and can also be used at induction because of its cast-iron make
- Pre-heating of grill provides the perfect temperature for the grill pan
- The black enamel finish of the pan needs no further seasoning
- Attributed with iron handles to carry the pan easily
- Allows even heat retention
- The Interior of this pan is coated with a black satin finish to protect the grill pan from harmful carbon extracts.
Pros of Le Creuset Enamelled Grill Pan:
- Available in bright colors
- Allows grease drainage with the help of pour spouts
- Ridges give attractive grill marks on the food
- Easy to clean
- Sell with a one-year warranty.
- The short-sized handles get hot immediately
- The small width does not allow enough quantity of food to be grilled at a time.
Calphalon Contemporary Grill Pan is a heavyweight grill pan made up of aluminum. This grill pan is famous for its durability and the non-stick coating gives a smooth cooked look to the steaks and other food items. This three-layered grill pan is perfect to handle even at a high flame because the stainless-steel handles keep themselves cool even under any temperature.
Specs of Calphalon Contemporary Grill Pan
- Material: Non-stick
- Brand: Calphalon
- Product Diameter: 11 inches
- Color: Silver
- Item Dimensions: 20.25 x11.5 x 1.5 inches
Significant Features of Calphalon Contemporary Grill Pan
- Calphalon Contemporary Grill Pan is hard anodized, which confirms its durability
- Supported with three-layered coating for a non-stick feature
- Long-sized brushed handles made up of stainless- steel are attached to give an easy grip to the pan
- Lid and pan covers are oven and dishwasher safe
- The grill pan is attributed with deep ridges, which adds a grilled texture to the cooked food
- Large size is appropriate for extra quantity food
- Non-stick and greasy surface allows cooking with a minimum of oiling and fats.
Pros of Calphalon Contemporary Grill Pan
- Easy to clean, doesn’t need excessive scrubbing
- The non-stick Interior and anodized aluminum material give the steaks and burger patties a reddish-brown texture.
- Protects the delicate skin of fish from tearing
- Available with a lifetime warranty.
- Ridges need to be more profound for a better grill experience
- Fatty foods stay below in oil because of less deep ridges, which means the food can absorb excessive oil
- Doesn’t give the same juicy results as cast iron grill pans.
This multi-purpose square grill pan gives a fine twist to the food and a particular texture. This grill pan is perfect for sauté, baking, frying, and grilling all kinds of food and vegetables. This square grill pan is appropriate for even heating and can be used on all kinds of heating sources. Versatility and long-lasting durability are the benchmarks of this Lodge Preseason Square Grill Pan.
Specs of Lodge Preseason Square Grill Pan
Size of Product: 10.5 inches
Material: Cast Iron, stainless steel
Weight: 6.5 Pounds
Product Dimensions: 17.25 x 10.5 x 2.62 inches
Salient Features of Lodge Preseason Square Grill Pan
- Easy to wash
- Oven safe
- Available with a lifetime warranty
- Non-stick pan for oil-free cooking
Pros of Lodge Preseason Square Grill Pan
- Solid-based grill pan
- Deep ridges are the best feature of this grill pan
- Attributed with deep ridges to give the food a grilled texture
- Small handles make the grill pan hard to carry
- The absence of pour spouts makes pouring out food difficult
- Not so convenient to clean this grill pan
- Although the pre-seasoned label gives a positive impression, this grill pan is actually food-sticky in nature.
Hope that this buying guide will help the readers enjoy the best grill experience with these remarkable grill pans.